Re: Looking for document and file organisation tools

Excellent question. I think one best-in-class tool that is useful for all types
of files is the holy grail. However, there are quite good tools in specific
domains, for example photo-management tools, so if you break the job up into
sub-tasks based on file type (e.g.: photos; music; videos) you may have some
success.

Advice for some examples? Tricky! I don't currently have a favourite for any
of these. I didn't like F-spot very much; I quite like shotwell, but I haven't
tried it since I got a camera that shoots RAW; I don't like basically any music
manager on Linux (but 'beets' looks promising).