Re: Upgrading clients using rsync

Op 04-03-15 om 12:04 schreef Catalin Soare:

> May I trouble you with some details about this? I am curious about the
> disks setup on your clients, I suppose they're partitioned in a similar
> manner.

Yes, that's right. Root is always "/dev/sda1" and swap is always
"/dev/sda5" at this customer. The hardware is very different.

> Also what directories did you have to exclude?

Take a look at the scripts what I use. You can exactly see there what I
exclude while backupping and while overwriting the client.
The last script is most interesting.

https://vandervlis.nl/files/backup-client8
https://vandervlis.nl/files/sync-client8

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/