Re: Cheap way to track disk usage?

On 03/03/2015 09:22 AM, Richard Hector wrote:

In this case, however, we know there's lots of space used, and it's
supposed to be - what we don't know is where in the tree that usage is
changing. That requires running du multiple times, and if done too
often that will have a significant performance impact on the system.

May be you can try to locate the processes creating the files,
like iotop will show you the most active ones and then you can track down the open files with help of lsof for example ?