alternative to avidemux?

Hi,
I’m looking for an alternative to avidemux. I need it for two specific tasks:

a) cut and remux videos without reencoding (so you can cut a 30min chunk in a 3h video without loosing quality) b) burn in .ass/.ssa subtitles (this is the Substation alpha format, where you can do fancier things than with srt) + It should have a gui, especially for the (a) task (to locate precisely the in/out cutting points).

I used to do this with avidemux when I was on ubuntu and it worked all right. But avidemux is not part of the official Debian packages. It is on deb-multimedia, but I’d prefer not to enable a whole repo just for this. I did compile avidemux successfully in the past, and it worked. But now it’s broken probably due to some upgrade I did meanwhile… So before I set to recompile it, I was wondering if maybe some other program in debian (Jessie) includes the above features.

Thanks for reading! Blue skies,
Victor