Re: File transfer

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:29:21 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi.
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:48:52 -0500
> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:44:19 +0300
> > Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi.

> > > Unless they installed really braindead 15-years old NICs at both
> > > laptops - no, one does not need crossover cable.
> > > Although, given the existence of some horrible companies like D-Link,
> > > Trendnet and Ahteros (to name a few) - I won't be surprised.
> >
> > Atheros is a horrible company? I thought they were rather well
> > regarded.
>
> Clearly you're lucky by not encountering anything that's using atl1c
> kernel module. That card was the reason alone I use backported kernel
> on my laptop, and it has some hiccups even then.
>
> And, back in the old days, stock Debian 2.6.18 suffered from the random
> kernel panics then using atl1 kernel module. They fixed as far as I can
> tell, but I have a good memory.

Ah, okay - I know nothing about their wired products. I just know that
their wireless hardware was, at least for a while, among the best
supported under linux.

> > And I've used a number of Trendnet products, and they've
> > worked well for me - cheap, but did the job.
>
> Trendnet's unmanaged 1Gb switches actually manage to process whopping
> 200 Mbps maximum. Heck, maybe they buy counterfeit ones where I work,
> but somehow I doubt it.

I only know their consumer switch / AP / routers. I never did serious
benchmarking on them, but they performed about as well as I expected.

> Reco

Celejar