Re: File transfer

On 02/25/2015 11:06 PM, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
I bought a new Toshiba lap top and want to copy the files from my old
Toshiba lap top to the new one.  They both have Debian, the latest
version, so can I just hook up usb to usb and copy that way? If so would
I need a certain command to do it?
Just a thought to make it easier since the old one's dvd burner no
longer works.

I suggest that you start with a full back up of both computers (with an extra archival set stored off site). Do you know how to do this?

David