Re: File transfer

Quoting Reco (recoverym4n@gmail.com):
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:07:46AM -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:

> > > The only reason I didn't mention that possibility is that I didn't want
> > > to have to explain how to manually configure IP addresses. :) If the OP
> > > has a home router, chances are that IP networking "just works".
> >
> > Not much of a problem: (Install and) open wicd, Wired Network Properties, click Use Static IPs, and 192.168.1.x, and 255.255.255.0
>
> Installing wicd would require working IP networking in the first place,
> isn't it?
>
> Besides, one doesn't need to configure anything as ipv6 provides those
> funny fe80:/64 addresses out of the box. Sure, they won't work outside
> of a local network segment, but that's not the issue here.

No configuring: great. You just have to know how to use them...

So, I pull the cat5 cable out of a wired host, and stick into a
wireless laptop's eth0 socket. Both were chatting happily to a router
with ipv4 before. What do I do next to copy a file to the other host?
Both ways please, because there's an assymetry: only the wired host
"knows" it's been isolated from its gateway; the laptop is still happy.
ie,

wired ~$ scp a-file <fill-this-in-please>:destination-file-on-laptop
laptop ~$ scp a-file <fill-this-in-please>:destination-file-on-wired

Cheers,
David.