Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Thu 26 Feb 2015 at 12:08:03 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 26 February 2015 11:57:38 Brian wrote:
> > TDE will not (and does not) bring anything to the party in terms of
> > setting up a print queue and displaying options in the KDE print
> > dialogue
>
> No, it will display them in the TDE print dialogue, not the KDE print
> dialogue, and for the moment Gene seems to have that better configured.

I was mislead by the activation of the help button in Konqueror and
other applications displaying the KDEPrint Handbook.

> Perhaps he finds the defaults easier.

The only default which has received any attention in this thread is
that for duplex printing. Anyone hoping to have them available with
the Brother PPD will be very disappointed to find they are greyed-out.

On the other hand, if they realise that CUPS has no way to get them from
the PPD (there is no Duplex keyword) they will have an understanding of
why.

And , as we are all aware, they have no bearing on setting up a print
queue anyway.