Re: recommended ftp clients for Debian

On 2015-02-25, Wilko Fokken <wfokken@web.de> wrote:

>> I want a simple ftp client, for putting not getting, that is easy and pleasant
>> to use.  GUI based.  For the use of non-geeks as well as myself.
>>
>> Lisi
>
> My favourite ftp is mc:
> It works ftp transfers the same way as transfers within one's own file system.

mc is a text-mode piece of software and so lies outside the problem
space defined by Ms. Lisi above.

But as long as we're going that route I use ncftp, which I find simple as
pie (and you even get tab completion with your pie).

--

"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."

— Charles Bukowski