Re: Config vsftpd 2.3.5-3 on Debian 7.8

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:38:50 +0000, Sascha Steinmann (adremes GmbH & Co
KG) wrote:

> Hi,
> i got a problem using the option chroot_local_user=yes.
> When I activate this option to jail the users in their home directories,
> they login to / directorie with a ftp-client and not to their home
> directorie I give them.
> Any1 has an idea why this happen?
>
> Sascha

So they log in, and see "/" as the remote working directory?

Depending on the sftp software they're running, this is normal, as
they're in the root directory for their session.  if they run a 'ls'
command, they should see any available files/directories in their root
directory as defined by how you set them up.