Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 15:03:31 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2015 14:46:36 Brian wrote:
> > On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 15:27:44 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:
> > > On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:03:17 +0000
> > >
> > > I have a 14.10 machine right here, and there is no driver for his
> > > printer there. I've checked.
> >
> > Not surprising; the licence for the Brother software doesn't permit
> > distribution.
>
> Then it can't have been in Lucid either, surely?

I imagine not. That was my point.

> > The lack of advice on the HL-3170CDW at openprinting is an indication
> > that no user of it has added any, not a judgement on whether it works
> > on Linux.
>
> Yes, but if there had been advice it woudl have been useful.

Of course.

> So do you agree with Gene that it is a Wheezy bug?

That's a big jump from what I said. And what bug is it you are talking
about? There have been a number of assertions in this thread. None lead
me to think that Wheezy is heading for imminent breakdown on the printing
front. :)