Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 09:13:26 +0000, Curt wrote:

> On 2015-02-25, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > There's also, I believe, a kde specific printer settings tool (of which
> > I don't know the name) whose defaults might be conflicting with or
> > overriding your duplex desires, although why the option would be
> > greyed-out in various pdf viewers escapes me.
>
> Maybe it's 'system-config-printer-kde'.

It's not.

The duplex facilities are not available for any application using the
GTK or Qt print dialogues because CUPS has not provided information
about them.

CUPS has not provided information about them them because it gets its
information from the Duplex option in the PPD file. The brother PPD does
not provide such an option. There is no bug.

The inability to print in duplex is not related to the greying-out in
the print dialogues.