Re: debootstrap as an valuable instructioanal experience

On 2/20/15, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-02-20, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
>>
>> My question -- Does anyone know of a detailed (newbie oriented)
>> writeup on using debootstrap to install a bootable Debian to a
>> second partition of a drive already containing a complete default
>> install? All the writeups I've found assume various levels of
>> experience and leave out things that "everybody knows".
>> Fortunately the leave out different things so I think I am
>> getting a reasonably complete overview.
>>
>> Comments? TIA
>>

> I think Cindy (?) from down South was planning on writing a tutorial on
> just this hot topic (or I gather she'd be capable of it).

If you're talking about me, I'd very much be happy to help. I've got
to go back outside and finish things up for the night. It's starting
to sleet and snow so I have chores that need completed (quick). After
I come back in and settle, we could look at those two links (I think
it's two) that already exist for debootstrap and see how they can be
tweaked, if at all, to help new users.

It took me several attempts at it before debootstrap appeared more
"coherent", but I LOVE it now. It's another of my Top 5 finds so far
for accomplishing things Debian. Debootstrap has proved a great way to
stay current with developers while operating via *dialup* and at... an
extremely low income level.. Win-win! :)

See you all back out here in a while.. if it was me you meant, I
mean.. And even if it wasn't.. lol :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* Oh, the weather outside is frightful..... *