Re: Suspicious file found in /dev/shm with Rkhunter

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:44:27 +0100
Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:18:37 +0100
> Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:
>
> > While trying to find out how to eliminate messages:
> >
> > Warning: Hidden directory found: /etc/.java
> > Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.udev
> > Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.initramfs
> >
> > which are made by rkhunter every morning as cron job, one more message
> > appeared (when ran /etc/cron.daily/rkhunter manualy).
> >
> > Warning: Suspicious file types found in /dev:
> >          /dev/shm/suspscan.21242.strings: ASCII text
> >
> > You can find the file attached. Besides editing /etc/rkhunter.conf,
> > man rkhunter, run rkhunter from command line and
> > run /etc/cron.daily/rkhunter, I was reading https://lists.debian.org
> > and debian mailing lists messages from my email client. I visited
> > http://www.turkoglu.me/ which was listed in one of emails with links2
> > web browser.
>
> Look at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/rkhunter/mailman/rkhunter-users/thread/1193180950.2751.143.camel@ash.trees99.org.uk/
>
> It is a file created by rkhunter.
>
> Petter

I upgraded rkhunter to 1.3.8-10~bpo60+1 and am trying to see
if the problem disappeared.

Regards

--
http://markorandjelovic.hopto.org

One should not be afraid of humans.
Well, I am not afraid of humans, but of what is inhuman in them.
    Ivo Andric, "Signs near the travel-road"