Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Thu 19 Feb 2015 at 13:47:41 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:44:54 PM Curt wrote:
> > On 2015-02-19, Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > > What do I check next to see if I can restore this function to a
> > > pretty decent color laser printer?
> >
> > Is it the printer or is it okular?  Have you tried evince, for example?
>
> evince also ghosts out the duplex functions, and of coarse xpdf never
> heard of such a thing.  As for acrobat reader, its not in the repo's and
> while it might try to, any sneeze in the paper feeding and it turns into a
> buggy, 10 day old road kill carcass.

The default lpr used with xpdf is fully aware of any printer options.

[Snip]

> But, its not your fault Curt, so many thanks.  I guess my question is, how
> many others with full duplex capable printers, are now crippled?

Rhetorical questions do not help analyse the problem.

> Might there be a backport repo I could add to /etc/apt/sources.list where
> I might find the fix?  Or does it not exist yet even in Jessie? IDK.

Please post the output of

   lpstat -t

If there is more than one print queue then please say which one you used
when printing from okular.