Re: Error compiling Emacs cvs at `make bootstrap'

Sven Joachim wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> > With Debian 8, Sid: I'm trying to compile and install Emacs cvs
>
> Why the heck do you want to that?

Sven, That sounds so adversarial.

> Emacs development switched away from CVS _five years_ ago.

Of course emacs switched to bzr.  But then just recently they switched
again and are now using git.  If you want to build current emacs from
sources then this is how to get the current sources.

  git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git

You can browse the current sources here:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git

Bob