Re: making KDE WM read my .xprofile

On 2015-02-18, Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> ouch!  You mean, I can't trust some random page on google?  ;)
>
> Well, that's what I did; the first part of finding out the screen real
> estate and setting the output worked, so I thought the rest of the
> bits would also be true; where to make the changes permanent.

Have you considered creating an xorg.conf file and putting your
modelines in the Monitor section? (My searches are leading me
to believe that this is one method of achieving your goal).

https://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12

Or is this off base or just avoiding the fundamental question of what file is
sourced by what when and not overriden by another file subsequently (or
something), which must be learned before xorg.conf is eventually
obsoleted out of existence.

It's great to be modular but it can get complicated.

--

"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."

— Charles Bukowski