Re: Which way do you think is the best for Debian users to bypass GFW?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:41:50PM +0800, Jack Chuge wrote:
> I'm living in Mainland, China, it's not my fault. The most important thing
> for ever since installing a new system for me must be finding out the way to
> bypass the Great Fire Wall. It's not a joke. It's so boring remaining inside
> the wall. People will not give up searching for the entry to the whole real
> world.
>
> On my desktop, also a Debian system, I've installed a pptp client and set up
> a VPN connection to Taiwan, I can see a new McDonald world, lol,
>
> Unfortunately, I've damning forgotten the method. Though I know it's really
> an easy thing. But I've never become a newbie since ever, lol. Nonsense from
> my heart.

Sorry. This is not a suitable topic for this mailing list. If you want
information about implementing PPTP clients or VPN clients on Debian,
in a lawful manner, we may be able to help.

As far as I know the best way to avoid internet censorship is:
 * Vote with your feet - I understand that avoiding state censorship in
   China isn't as easy as in the UK (where I just choose an ISP that
   doesn't provide default filtering), but working towards a change of
   political leadership may be an option.

 * To that end, consider donating to the EFF, Amnesty International or
   an equivalent local organisation in order to help with your cause.