Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

On 02/15/2015 08:54 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

so the short and long of it is: i do not like it when people are not
given the freedom to choose...  and that includes when, just like when
microsoft was so dominant in the 1990s, the choices they are presented
are not really a choice at all.

Excuse me? Exactly what choice did you have when installing Slackware from a pile of floppies in the mid 90's as I did? Or when you first installed RedHat or Caldera or Suse or Debian? You had exactly none and you took what they gave you. Period. What software and features they decided to include was 100% up to them. No one had a beef with that.

Today, among the same distro-systems, you still take what they give you. You are completely free to fork or go your own direction, but you have no more or no less the same rights we had in the beginning. You either take what they hand out for free or go your own way. But, to raise comparisons to MicroSoft is very much out of line. Try forking Win 10 and see how fast the suits shake down your wallet. There is that minor <cough> difference. :/ Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html