Re: Strange file type from insurance company site, iceweasal spins forever

On 2015-02-15, Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:

> Now, sitting here over a morning cuppa and contemplating the rest of my
> sins, I am wondering if the missing okular was the problem.  What does
> iceweasal by default call to, to process a .pdf?  According to
> about:config, /usr/bin/acroread, which does not exist, and on the next
> line it calls /usr/bin/acrorerad #custom comment.

In my version of Iceweasel, navigating to Preferences/Applications and
searching for pdf as a content type, I have dropdown menu with a series
of choices (one of which is 'Save File'). Others include 'Preview in
Iceweasel,' 'Always ask,' 'Use acroread,' etc.

Good luck in your quest to ... what is your quest anyway?

--

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut