Re: sendmail on debian testing

I'm still searching for an answer to this.

After upgrade from wheezy to testing, sendmail no longer starts.

I see that the system is using systemd.  I see that the /etc/init.d/sendmail script now runs /bin/systemctl start sendmail.service.  But sendmail isn't started.  Even running '/bin/systemctl start sendmail.service' manually, nothing happens.

I don't see any obvious way to get any debug info out of systemctl.

# systemctl is-enabled sendmail
Failed to get unit file state for sendmail.service: No such file or directory

and

# /bin/systemctl enable sendmail.service
Synchronizing state for sendmail.service with sysvinit using update-rc.d...
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d sendmail defaults
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d sendmail enable