Re: Network install

Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> writes:

> On 30/01/2015 03:18, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> I doubt so. A "pendrive" is not a modem, it is a storage device.
>>
>> Sorry, it's something similar to a pendrive.
>>

> What is it exactly?  Is it a 3/4g cell card (such as provided by a phone
> company), or something else?

Yes, that's something like that: huawei-e169.

>>> It does. You may need to choose expert install in order to be able to
>>> select ppp extra packages.
>>

>> In the expert mode, I select the two ppp packages, but even then the `pon'
>> command, which I use to connect, still remains `not found' by the system.
>

> are those ppp packages being INSTALLED (or at least loaded into the
> minimal kernel) ... or are you selecting them for install after the PC
> finally connects to the internet?

They're installed (or at least loaded into the minimal kernel) when I launch
the Debian Installer.  Precisely: from http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/ I
downloaded the file debian-7.8.0-i386-netinst.iso and installed Debian with it,
everything fine.  Now I want to install the remaining packages via internet,
but to connect to it I need ppp and the `pon' command, which is `not found'.

Rodolfo