Re: Use Debian as a usb mass storage device

On Thursday 29 January 2015 17:38:06 Floris wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a Sumsung TV which can record to an usb mass storage device. Is it
> possible to connect an usb-cable between the TV and the Debian Box, so
> that the TV can use (a part of) the harddisk as usb device?
>
> Thanks,
>
> floris
There are several little ARM cards (like the CubieBoard-2 and BeagleBone
Black) which can act as a USB device.  Support is in the default Debian
kernels (or was last time I looked so it can easily be added back if it is
missing).

The magic acronym you are looking for is OTG, which means it it the right
kind of USB port.

David