Re: glibc bug - time to patch

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 09:29:42 Lisi Reisz did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2015 14:27:18 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> > > Indeed, however you will notice that the list on the second link
> > > does not contain exim, the default SMTP server software for
> > > debian. This was used for proof-of-concept code.
> > >
> > > http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2015/q1/274
> >
> > So Wheezy users who use Exim are at risk? But it surely then follows
> > that Wheezy users who do not use Exim, or even have it installed,
> > are not at risk?

> But I see anyway that it has been patched for Wheezy.  So all is OK.
>
> Lisi

Also Lucid, I installed it all about 2 hours ago. But haven't rebooted &
probably should.  And I pointed out the speed with which it was patched to
a died in the wool winderz using friend of mine. Never miss a chance I
say. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)