Re: Display in a console

Quoting Renaud OLGIATI (renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org):
> When I boot my box, it starts with a "normal" display of 80 col x 25 lines, then the display changes and the characters become so small as to be illegible.
>
> Once in X, I also have the illegible small characters when I open a console with Alr-Ctrl-F1.
>
> Is there a way to stop this, and keep characters at a legible size in consoles ?

Here's my /etc/default/consolesetup which has a few character sizes
that I can try out with setupcon. Then I leave it with the desired
entry uncommented.

# CONFIGURATION FILE FOR SETUPCON

# Consult the console-setup(5) manual page.

ACTIVE_CONSOLES="/dev/tty[1-6]"

CHARMAP="UTF-8"

CODESET="Lat15"
#FONTFACE="Fixed"
FONTFACE="Terminus"
FONTSIZE="8x16"
FONTSIZE="10x20"
FONTSIZE="12x24"
#FONTSIZE="14x28"
#FONTSIZE="16x32"

VIDEOMODE=

# The following is an example how to use a braille font
# FONT='lat9w-08.psf.gz brl-8x8.psf'

Cheers,
David.