(EE) intel(G0): Failed to claim DRM device.

Hi everyone,

I am using Debian Testing, and some time ago I noticed my TV, which is connected to my Intel card, started having visual glitches. After some investigation I found the cause was the following error message in Xorg.0.log file:

[     3.854] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
[     3.854] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[     3.854] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
[     5.987] (EE) intel(G0): [drm] failed to set drm interface version: Permission denied [13].
[     5.987] (EE) intel(G0): Failed to claim DRM device.
[     5.987] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"

This use to work just fine, and unfortunately I can't pin point the moment when this issue occurred as I don't use that display often.

I have a desktop machine, with nVidia GT610 and i5 processor with built-in GPU. Am mentioning this because any online search for these messages resulted in Bumblebee specific issues, which I don't have.

Since I don't know which package caused this issue I followed the instruction in "reportbug" tool to contact people on this mailing list. Can anyone suggest which packages I should include when reporting this issue?

Thanks
--
Mladen Mijatov
Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18