apache fastcgi trouble with Apache/2.2.22

Dear list,

has anyone successfully run fastcgi with Apache/2.2.22 on debian wheezy ?
I need your kind help to make it working..

I have already the required modules running namely [ actions alias fastcgi ]
I also have the following wrapper script with execute permission /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php55-cgi

````````````````
#!/bin/bash
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=10
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=5000
export PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS
exec /usr/local/bin/php-5.5.20/bin/php-cgi -c /usr/local/bin/php-5.5.20/lib/php.ini

``````````````

Now If I place the below at .htaccess

````````````
Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +ExecCGI

RewriteEngine On

<FilesMatch "\.php">
SetHandler application/x-httpd-php5
</FilesMatch>

I get error as

Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php55-cgi

Placing same at vhost throws same error though rewrite module is loaded... Have I missed anything ?
Kindly suggest.

Thanks