Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/28/2014 5:54 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2014 00:20:20 Celejar wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 14:02:52 -0500
>>
>> Jerry Stuckle <stucklejerry@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I appreciate that - but unfortunately, sympathy doesn't solve the problem
>>> :)
>>
>> Someone may have suggested this, and I know it doesn't really solve the
>> core problem, but perhaps consider suspending (to disk or ram) instead
>> of shutting down when you have a presentation scheduled?
>
> Again, that is a way round the problem not a solution to it.
>
> A facility that was available no longer is.  Whether it should be, is an
> entirely different question.
>
> Lisi

Lisi,

While I agree it's only a way around a problem and not a solution, I do
appreciate people trying to help out.

And while I would prefer a solution, it looks like that's not going to
happen.  So, unfortunately, after many years as a Debian user, I'm
looking at other options.  My clients are looking, also, although not
every one has made the decision to switch yet.

Jerry