Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Monday 08 December 2014 14:42:45 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> We broke the signal delivery in sysvinit as well for a while, when we added
> parallel execution (startpar).  People would ^C and the signal would hit
> some unintended process because there were several running at the same
> time, all with the console open.  This could break the boot horribly, of
> course.

Thank you, Henrique!

Perhaps I wasn't being so thick when I couldn't interrupt fsck. :-/

I tried for a bit, but thenm gave up anf accepted taht it was notr piossible.

I can now use it until I go over to Jessie - and possibly quite soon after
that.  I don't often want to do it anyway!  But, unlike some people on this
list, I do occasionally make mistakes. :-(

Lisi