Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/08/2014 at 09:15 AM, Brian wrote:

> On Mon 08 Dec 2014 at 08:31:57 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> On 12/08/2014 at 06:41 AM, Martin Read wrote:

>>> I like systemd, but I do wish certain of its non-coding
>>> proponents would stop indulging in incendiary defence of it
>>> against legitimate complaints.
>>
>> Exactly. It's at least as bad as the people who blame systemd for
>> everything that they see go wrong after the changeover.
>
> Sorry, I see no "defence" ("incendiary" or otherwise) of any init
> system being made in this thread. What I do see is people trying to
> help with a solution to a problem. One by Curt is referenced above.

To address this more specifically:

The "prevent the fsck from starting in the first place" approaches are
not solutions to the presented problem.

The presented problem is about cancelling / interrupting the fsck once
it's started.

The approaches being suggested are about ways of preventing the problem
from occurring, not about ways of fixing it once it has occurred.

If you'd said "Yeah, systemd broke that, but it looks like they're
planning on fixing it at some point. In the meantime, here are some
possible workarounds.", that might have been reasonable.

But the responses so far have instead been presented with a tone and
attitude which reads to me as "There's nothing wrong with the systemd
behavior; you're the one in the wrong for wanting to do what you asked
about doing.", which is hard to see as anything but blindly pro-systemd
hostility.

--
   The Wanderer