Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/08/14 12:04, Mart van de Wege wrote:
Christian Groessler <chris@groessler.org> writes:

On 12/08/14 09:44, Curt wrote:
On 2014-12-08, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
Actually, it's *always* a surprise.  These fsck happen at long enough
intervals, that I can never know if it was "4 months ago" or "7 months
ago", and neither can I remember which laptop/desktop has the delay set
to 172 days vs 194 days vs 98 days vs ...

Can't you write a small script to obviate the limitations of your human
memory, like this little hacker here did?

http://nwalsh.com/hacks/mountinfo/
http://nwalsh.com/hacks/mountinfo/mountinfo

Why don't the systemd proponents understand that someone might want to
interrupt a running fsck? Don't scrutinize the reasons, just accept
the fact.
I understand it just fine. I just don't understand why this is a big
deal, as it could have been easily avoided.

This is a case of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this". "Well, don't do
that then".

What shouldn't I do? Boot my system?

regards,
chris