Re: no microphone in skype

Am Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, 18:34:55 schrieb Andreas Weber:

Latest Skype should work with pulseaudio. To get the old skype (version 4.2)
running, which can be used with alsa, use the workaround, I found out:

1. Install latest skype.
2. Enter username ans password, and, very important, activate autologin. This
way you get automatically connected, whenever you start skype.
3. Deinstall latest skype, and reinstall skype version 4.2.
4. Now you can start skype-4.2, and get connected.
5. Do never logout!
6. Hint: I extracted the skype binary from the latest package and put it into
my ~/home folder. If I got accoidently logged out, I just start ./skype from
my ~/home, log in and kill this skype process. Then relogin with the 4.2-
version.

But at all: Skype is a pita, and pay attention to their new rules starting at
january 2015! Look for an alternative.

Best
Hans