Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Sat 06 Dec 2014 at 06:42:50 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2014 23:16:47 Brian wrote:
> > On Fri 05 Dec 2014 at 19:06:50 -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:

> > > What about the choice to stop fsck it if it has started at an
> > > inconvenient moment ?
> >
> > Remedial action is not needed because the right choice was made from the
> > grub menu. If it wasn't, you get to live with the consequences and don't
> > do it again.
>
> Eduardo was late!  Haven't you ever been late for anything and wanted to speed
> something up??

His lateness and the scheduled fsck do not appear to be correlated. A
technique to speed things up has been given.

> Most of us are human and make occasional mistakes.

It is evident from this thread that the ability to abort an in-progress
fsck during boot may not be available yet (although the links given
indicate some untested possibilities). Another suggestion would be to
have a system detect an impending fsck and have it substitute a grub.cfg
with "fsck.mode=skip" in it for the next boot.