Screen rotation question

I'm trying to get screen rotation to work on my desktop computer.
Here's my system information. I don't have an auto-generated xorg.conf file.

uname -a
Linux jzd 3.14-0.bpo.2-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.14.15-2~bpo70+1
(2014-08-21) i686 GNU/Linux

lspci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 60
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Here's the error message I get when I try to use randr:

xrandr -o right
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 149 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 2 (RRSetScreenConfig)
Serial number of failed request: 14

Anyone knows what this is telling me? Any suggestions?