Re: Canon printers on wheezy (solved)

Hey, Rob,

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a Canon PIXMA MX422 (same as the MX429 sold at Walmart) working. It's a newer all-in-one printer.

I downloaded both source code and rpm tarballs from Canon Singapore. The RPM wouldn't install because it needed libusb v.1.0.1 which is much higher than what I have. Similar library dependencies prevented me from successfully compiling (autogen.sh & make) all of the source code files.

So what was your secret?