Re: Installing Linux on a Mac Mini without OSX

On 12/05/2014 08:32 AM, Brian Sammon wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2014 21:39:08 -0800
> Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As mentioned earlier, your machine is currently not using EFI.
>
> I missed that -- and how do I know that for sure?

If the Debian installer has installed grub-pc(-*) package then the
installer has recognized the system as BIOS compatible, if the installer
has installed grub-efi(-*) package then the installer has recognized
your system as EFI compatible.

If you could start Debian installer, then you can start the installer in
rescue mode and you can mount all partitions you have created during the
installation process and see what packages the installer has installed.

> Is it possible that it's trying to use EFI, but my debian install is trying to do something not-EFI-compatible, and that's why it won't boot?

HTH

Kind regards
Georgi