Re: Installing Linux on a Mac Mini without OSX

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 08:01:48 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we conclude that you have read this page
>
>     https://wiki.debian.org/MacMiniIntel

I have read this page, and I'm hoping to add a "If you don't have OSX" section to it, once I figure out what to add.

> and followed appropriate links, such as the elilo link? (Even the PPC

I'm not sure which links are appropriate, so it's quite possible that I missed one.  I got the impression from the MacMiniIntel page that the elilo approach was a suboptimal one, so I've not looked into it much, as I'm hoping there's a approach that works better (than the MacMiniIntel page suggests the elilo approach would)

> link may be useful for background.)
>
> You will probably have to interpret some things, and not expect an exact
> recipe.
>
> You may also want to ask on the debian boot list.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

> And, Jerome's kidding around notwithstanding, questions over at
> puredarwin are likely to yield useful information, if it takes going
> that far.

Yeah, that's on the todo list.