Re: systemd-free alternatives are not off topic.

On 25/11/14 03:36, Curt wrote:
> On 2014-11-24, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Some of them came to Debian because it was one of the last holdouts.
>>
>> Is that a reference to a term used in a television show about the
>> fictitious "Wild West"? I can only apologise of my ignorance of "popular
>> culture" (long story - I haven't watched "television" in several decades
>> - did I miss something important?).
>>

> I think you're confusing holdups and hideouts (people who commit the
> former repair to the latter) with holdouts.

Thank your Curt - I know little of popular (media) culture and banditry
(so little time for entertainment). My gratitude for your help in
understanding "Jerry Stuckle's" frame of reference - I believe it's
related to something called "preppers" and "trooffers" (see I can be hip
and with-it!). Don't let the grey hair and wrinkles on wrinkles fool you
- I'm as hep as any of them young-uns.

Time for my nap, then I'll be rappin and ropping.

Kind regards