Re: preseed

Am Dienstag, 2. September 2014, 09:22:36 schrieb Diogene Laerce:
> Hi,
>
> I try to achieve this tutorial for preseed :
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso
>
> And I can't get pass through this step :
>
> gzip -d < ../cd/install/2.6/initrd.gz | \
> cpio --extract --verbose --make-directories --no-absolute-filenames
>
> As I systematically get this error back :
>
> cpio: premature end of archive
>
> Did anybody get through and could explain how ? Google this time
> didn't get me anywhere.
>
> Thank you,

Hi

I've done preseeding not long ago. This is the script I've used:

--------------------snip--------------------
#! /bin/bash

cd ~/Preseed
cp "neu.preseed" isoverz/preseed/xubuntu.seed
cp "txt.cfg.neu" isoverz/isolinux/txt.cfg

sudo mkisofs -r -V Ubuntu -cache-inodes -J -l -b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
             -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
             -boot-info-table -o /home/v/Preseed/remastered.iso \
             /home/v/Preseed/isoverz

This assumes that the copying of the contents of the ISO have already been
copied to the directory /home/v/Preseed/isoverz. This is the directory which
will be used by mkisofs to remaster the ISO.

Note that two replacement files are copied into the new directory.

Obviously, I've done it another way than you, using mkisofs instead of cpio.

The system which I've done this on, is XUbuntu, but it should be the same on
Debian.

Bye,
Volker