Re: Skype access cancelled for Debian versions before 7

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/08/2014, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>

> Yeah, okay.
>
> But, some people with whom I have communicated, do not want others to
> see them, when they are talking to them.
>
> And, to me, Skype was a wonderful facility - video calls are a
> wonderful opportunity, of which people who do not have bandwidth
> issues, have been reluctant to take up.
> [...]

You know, I find myself wondering what point of view I'm defending.
All I know is that we are in the middle of a war right now, and things
are going to be harder than they were for a while.

We have to keep our sense of humor until things settle down again.

(If I had someone who would fund me, I could produce a video chat
system that would be similar to google's, but not depend on central
servers. There are lots of people like me, one of us is going to get
the money and time to do it. God did not intend computers to be used
making rich people richer, if you'll pardon me getting a little
religious.)

>> --
>> Joel Rees
>>
>> Be careful where you see conspiracy.
>> Look first in your own heart.
>>

> Regarding the perception of conspiracy, I like the proverb attributed,
> I believe, to Napoleon Bonaparte -
> "Do not always attribute to malice, what can be attributed to incompetence"
> - the problem, I believe, is in the ability to differentiate the intent.

The problem (and solution) in that is that malice is one popular form
of incompetence.

--
Joel Rees

Computers were given us by God
so that we could communicate with each other and keep our family histories.
All other uses are spurious,
and should be tolerated only when they don't interfere with the
primary purposes.