Re: Modifying gtk2 fonts <SOLVED>

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 15:04:15 +0200
Siard <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

> Steve Litt:
> > Siard:
> > > But editing ~/.gtkrc-2.0 is indeed the easiest and most
> > > hassle-free way when not using Gnome.
> > >
> > > To set the default gtk2-font, add something like this:
> > >
> > >    gtk-font-name = "Liberation Sans 11"
> >
> > The preceding doesn't work on my machine. I tried.
>
> To use the font mentioned here, the package fonts-liberation has to be
> installed. Liberation Sans is my favorite font for display on screen.
> Otherwise, I don't know why it doesn't work on your machine. For me,
> it has worked as long as GTK2 exists.

No, that's not it, I was using Sans 17 or something like that. A font I
definitely had.

> Could you show how lxappearance has written the font and font size
> into your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 ?

Certainly:

# DO NOT EDIT! This file will be overwritten by LXAppearance.
# Any customization should be done in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine instead.

gtk-theme-name="Simple-Green"
gtk-icon-theme-name="hicolor"
gtk-font-name="Sans 17"
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=1
gtk-menu-images=1
gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle="hintslight"
gtk-xft-rgba="rgb"
include "/home/slitt/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

The preceding works perfectly. Sad thing is, I'm almost positive I did
the "gtk-font-name="Sans 17"" thing manually earlier, and it didn't
affect Thunar or xchat.

SteveT