Re: OT: programming languages

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:46:58 +0100
Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:41:57PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > Programming belongs on any Linux list, especially since a lot of
> > times you need to code to get things done. Dare you to configure
> > dwm without coding.
>
> However, there is a difference between discussing code in the context
> of a solution to a problem and discussing coding and langauges in
> general.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

What I find funny is this list has all the bandwidth in the world for
personal insults, meta-decisions, world domination by nations and
shadow organizations, and various other rediculocities, but talk about
code that comes in every single package manager, that comprises the
apps you run and even the scripts that bind your OS together, and
THAT's OT.

Just in case this is one of those Admins vs Coders things, let's be
even handed and say that discussions of specific problems are OK, but
discussions of the relative advantages and disadvantages of Puppet,
Salt and Chef belong on the OT list.

SteveT