Re: Can't install Debian - USB keyboard doesn't turn on until Windows loads

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 03:34:23AM -0600, Kitty Cat wrote:

> After all my poking and prodding, I am thinking that maybe it needs a
> certain type of USB keyboard in order to have a working keyboard at boot. I
> know that some USB devices have to have drivers before the computer knows
> what to do with them. I'm thinking that may be the case with my keyboard
> but not sure. Maybe the mobo simply does not power up the USB ports at
> boot. But then that doesn't really make any sense either.

Hmm, I think following Chris Bannister's advice of trying a live-cd
distro would be worth testing to see if your keyboard is recognised and
functional there. If that fails, then I'd try a cheap USB keyboard. It
would be unusual in my experience for a keyboard to need any kind of
driver beyond what's already there for basic functionality, but I'm open
to the possibility with "gaming" keyboards.

Cheers,
Tom

--
<knghtbrd> Nintendo Declares GCN Most Popular Console Ever
<knghtbrd> Who are they kidding?