Re: [SPAM tagged by PCNET] Re: Forcing question to be asked while presseeding

Brian wrote:
On Tue 27 May 2014 at 08:19:24 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide
   Appendix B. Automating the installation using preseeding
     B.5.2. Using preseeding to change default values
                            AND
     B.2.2. Using boot parameters to preseed questions
suggest that I should be able to accomplish my goal. I need some
actual example to understand what the text is saying.

Which text is this that you do not understand?

Actually BOTH ;<
B.5.2. states "It is possible to use preseeding to change the default answer
         for a question..."
B.2.2. states "If a preconfiguration file cannot be used to preseed some steps,
         the install can still be fully automated..."

That verifies feasibility.

My goal is to force the menu which asks to chose among typical uses
(i.e. Desktop|print server|laptop|etc).

Using preseeding to set a default answer for a question but still have
the question asked is described. Is there anything there which is not
amenable to a quick test or two?

Agreed ;/
I actually did two tests. Both *FAILED*.
The only conclusion (documentation assumed correct) is I be clueless.
Both tests based on pseudo-code in B.5.2.

Many decades ago, as an engineering co-op student, I LEARNED that what one writes/reads is heavily dependent on one's previous experience.

That's why I requested pointer to KNOWN WORKING example.