Re: exim4 fetchmail delivery more than 10 rejected

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This is a common problem (I remember hitting it myself, once upon a time!)
> The Debian Exim FAQ recommends changing fetchmail's behaviour, rather than
> Exim's:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4UserFAQ#Exim_stops_delivery_after_ten_messages_are_received

Thanks, and yeah I read that before posting and was sort of amazed at
the way the burden of getting around what is a quite an unpopular
default in exim4 was to shift it to fetchmail. hehe... pretty slick.

I saw how to use the fetchmail trick right off but felt like, `hey wait
a minute..' I'm ready this to find a way to make a more sensible
setting for my situation in exim4.

That section tells you the setting can be altered but never says how
in any detail, instead slipping right into the fetchmail crutch.

I searched the rest of the FAQ thinking surely there would be some
details about how to do it... but either I missed it, or it is not
there.

>From there I went to google and found quite a few conflicting
opinions about where and how to set such a thing, and I don't mean
just the different locations one finds because of the two ways of
organizing the setup (monolithic or multi file), but just different
opinions.

I never did find what seemed like a definitive explanation of how to
do it.

So, began experimenting...

Oh wait a minute.  I just looked ahead in this thread and noticed
Brian's last respsonse which clears up the where and how of it.

So will spare you all from more ill-informed blather... here.