Re: Error message: Possible missing firmware during linux-image upgrade

On Mon, 5/26/14, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Error message: Possible missing firmware during linux-image upgrade
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Monday, May 26, 2014, 8:03 AM

> Install firmware-realtek from the backports.

The version in Wheezy backports is firmware-realtek (0.41~bpo70+1) and the version that comes with linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64 is 0.36+wheezy.1

When I issued the comman: sudo apt-get -t wheezy-backports install firmware-realtek

The result I got was: firmware-realtek is already the newest version

What should I do to install firmware-realtek (0.41~bpo70+1) which is in Wheezy backports?

> Or, if network connectivity isn't lost after the upgrade - purge this ugly bit of non-free from your system.

The reason for wanting to get rid of it is.......?