Re: can't get wicd to work

> What am I doing wrong?

I got this problem, when I had network-manager installed, too. It looked for
me, like they do not want exist together. I have no explanantion for it, but
deinstalling and purging all network-manager packages fixed the problem.

On the other hand, network-manager is now state-of-the-art, so maybe it will
be your choice, too.

However, if you do not use gnome, the installation of the network-manager
package will install tons of unneeded gnome crap.

I already filed a bugreport according to this, but still the package-team
didn't care.

Maybe this helps a liitle bit. Good luick!

Best

Hans