Re: How to remote login Debian Gnome from another Debian Gnome machine or Windows machine?

Thank you Zenaan for your recommendation! could you help give some me some more detail instructions about how to use ssh on A, B, C?

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
On 5/19/14, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 03:10:24PM +0800, 釋淨明 wrote:
>> I'm a newbie of Debian, I have installed debian with gnome on one of my
>> machine (call it A), and i want to remote login it from another machine
>> (call it B) who
>> is also installed with debian & gnome, and i also want to remote login
>> machine A from another machine (call it C) who is installed with Windows
>> 8.
>>
>> What packages should i install on each machine - A,B,C - so that i can
>> remote login into the gnome desktop of A from B and C?
>
> Check whenever 'vino' package is installed (it should be).
>
> Enable 'remote desktop feature' - [1].
>
> Use any VNC client to connect to the needed host (you may need to
> disable VNC encryption - see [1] for the details).
> [1]
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/77885/how-can-i-connect-to-gnome-3-with-a-windows-vnc-client

I strongly recommend not using VNC encryption.

Use ssh encryption instead, and forward port 5955, 5956 etc as needed.

If you're on M$Windows, use PuTTY ssh client to do your ssh logins and
port forwardings.

Good luck
Zenaan