Re: systemd situation in Jesssie

On Sat 17 May 2014 at 22:40:13 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Sb, 17 mai 14, 20:57:39, Sven Joachim wrote:
> >
> > Depending on your needs, installing systemd might be mandatory in
> > unstable already (e.g. gdm3 indirectly depends on it), but you do _not_
> > have to install systemd-sysv and thus make it the default init system.
>
> Actually gdm3 Depends: libpam-systemd, which Depends: systemd-sysv, so
> yes, you do. network-manager and gnome-bluetooth also depend on
> libpam-systemd.

libpam-systemd: Depends: systemd-sysv | systemd-shim.

I'm with Sven here. Install systemd-shim and systemd-sysv will not be
installed.

One consideration might be

  https://lists.debian.org/1399888483.5437.804.camel@dsp0698014

     As far as GDM is concerned, any bug reported with systemd-shim
     installed will be ignored. The bug script should probably be
     updated to that effect, BTW.