Re: Where to get older versions of pkgs

El Sábado, 17 de mayo de 2014 21:48:03 Harry Putnam escribió:
> I'm having plenty of trouble with the newest version of sendmail on a
> brand new install.
>
> I have the version numbers obtained by running:
>
> aptitude search -F sendmail '%p %v'
>
> On a machine with it installed.  I understand the command necessary to
> install a certain version: aptitude install <pkg>=<version>
> But when I run that, I'm told the pkgs cannot be found and it wants to
> install the newer version 8.14.4-5
>
> All the sendmail group showning the version I want below:
>
>   sendmail               8.14.4-4.1
>   sendmail-base          8.14.4-4.1
>   sendmail-bin           8.14.4-4.1
>   sendmail-cf            8.14.4-4.1
>
> I have it running on my main desktop with out problems and want to
> install it on this new install.
>
> Is it a question of expanding my sources.list? Or maybe the exact syntax
> in detail is all that is lacking.
>
> I tried several renditions  but I think it is:
>
>   aptitude install sendmail=8.14.4-4
>
> But maybe that is not present in the repo.  My current sources list is
> the one a vanilla install has left me.  Well not quite vanilla since I
> installed from an lxde iso: debian-testing-i386-lxde-CD-1.iso
>

>   deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
>   deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
>
>   deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
>   deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main
>
>   # jessie-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
>   deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main
>   deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main
>
>   # jessie-backports, previously on backports.debian.org
>   deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main
>   deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main
>
> Using this syntax... I get this result:
>
>  # aptitude install sendmail=8.14.4-4
>
>   Unable to find a version "8.14.4-4" for the package "sendmail"
>   Unable to find a version "8.14.4-4" for the package "sendmail"
>   The following NEW packages will be installed:
>     sendmail sendmail-base{a} sendmail-bin{a} sendmail-cf{a} sensible-mda{a}
> 0 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0 B/1,708 kB of archives. After unpacking 3,493 kB will be
> used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

You can try to install old package versions from the snapshot archive
(http://snapshot.debian.org). As the page itself says:

"The snapshot archive is a wayback machine that allows access to old packages
based on dates and version numbers. It consists of all past and current
packages the Debian archive provides."

Regards,

José Antonio Podadera Moya